A Wave is something that transfers energy from place to place without matter being transferred.
See also: Wave(Geography) for water waves.
Types of WavesEdit
There are two different types of waves.
- In transverse waves, the vibrations are perpendicular to the direction the wave is traveling.
- Transverse waves include water waves, light and other waves on the electromagnetic spectrum
- Longitudinal waves need a medium to travel through.
- Sound waves are longitudinal waves
- The vibrations are in the same direction as the direction of the wave.